This is our story of trying to round out our 10 months old flat head. He has mild brachycephaly\plagiocephaly and will wear a helmet. We hope to share the information and research that we find along the way and continue to learn as we go. Hopefully we can be a source of comfort to you in your own journey as we seek our own comfort in knowing that we're doing what's best for our son.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 6- Night 1

Today was 8 hours day/ 8 hours night.

8 hours day went very well.
We went to church for the first time in his helmet.
The response was fine.  Not that I was expecting any different from my wonderful church family.

Helmet was on from 8-4
and on again at 7:45.


He nursed in his helmet tonight and I laid him down for bed...when normally my quiet baby drifts off to never never land...but tonight, up pops his little head in that big blue helmet.
I walked out of the room and the crying began.
It was short lived. 
3 minutes at most.

Right now he's asleep so we're hoping he stays that way.
IF by some chance he doesn't,
I'm blaming it on the snotty nose and the teeth about to make their way through. 
He was a little fussy tonight and didn't sleep worth a toot last night (without helmet) so I don't think we can blame the helmet IF he does wake up!

Here's hoping to a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment